TSCFiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Adventure of Adam Episode 18 (ending)

Go down

The Adventure of Adam Episode 18 (ending) Empty The Adventure of Adam Episode 18 (ending)

Post  Admin Sat May 21, 2022 10:47 am

The Adventure of Adam
Episode 18
“Sam’s Call”

I walked from the balcony to the front door, Vicki was chatting with Tyler and Krys, and I felt as if I had a knot in my throat, I opened the door and it was Oliver and Steven

“Hey, Guys” I hugged them both, Oliver and Steven had been in the city for a couple of years now. And have settled for Brooklyn, Oliver is a writer and Steven is a teacher, they are expecting their first child via surrogacy.

“Adam this place is gorgeous,” Steven said as they entered

“says the dudes with the brownstone” I retorted back

“Boys when will your baby be here,” Aiden asked “in a couple of weeks” Oliver beamed with joy

“Give me a break with all this baby talk, y’all really love children” Vicki rolled her eyes

“Don’t you have twins?” Oliver asked confused

“So, that doesn’t mean I want to talk about them” she rolled her eyes pouring another glass of champaign.

There was another knock on the door I opened it and Sam stood there, I hadn’t seen him in a while but he had facial hair, he looked a little weathered but so damn good.

“Hey!” He said his deep voice vibrating through my body.

“Hey!” I responded back in a less confident way he grinned

“I know I wasn’t invited but I did buy you a housewarming gift” he handed me a perfectly wrapped box, I smiled and told him to come in, everyone was mixing and mingling, eating and drinking, and for the first time in a while, it felt like we were back in 2011, just teenagers without a cause in the world. But we were older, approaching our 30s, some married with children, others still unlucky in love. But this was my family a family that I built, people whom I’ve known intimately. I went back on the balcony to get that beautiful spring breeze I closed my eyes and felt the breeze whistle by. I could feel the presence of someone else I opened my eyes and sam was starring at me intently

“May I sit” he asked I nodded yes

“You look good Adam” he spoke I half smiled “so do you, Sam, you actually grew out your facial hair”

“Right of passage, after a failed engagement” Sam and I had lost touch about four years ago, we got back together in high school went to college decided it was best to go our separate ways, got back together in our twenties, broke up again and now I was staring him in the face

“Adam it's always you, you know that” he stated matter of factly

“But we can’t ever get it right” I stated back he shrugged his shoulders

“We keep on being ships in the night” he responded he could see the puzzled look on my face he continued “ it means we keep passing each other by, and I think that’s because I can’t ever sit still, the college I went to the west coast you stayed on the east coast, after that I wanted to travel and you had to take over your moms business when she got sick, I should have stayed and been there for you”

I didn't want to think about mom it hurt a lot but I’m glad he didn't stay, I didn't want him to stunt his goals and aspirations to worry about me. I needed to be by myself to grieve the way that I did.

“You had to live your life Sam, I don’t fault you for that” I started but he stopped me

“I say all that to say that I want to be here in New York, I want to put my roots down here, maybe get married, start a family, grow a business and I want it to be with you, Adam.

Tyler

I sat on Adams sofa stroking Travis's hair, man I loved him, my life had meaning, and our son was a joy, I think about all of the boneheaded decisions I made, looking at these people I call family, even being close to Steven and Oliver it was really something.

Adam and Sam came from the balcony

“Glad you two could join us” Travis said with a grin

“Adam” sam said loudly everyone turned their attention to them, it was eerily quiet

He got on one knee, Adam looked down at him and got down on his knees as well “sam what are you doing”

“Asking you to marry me, Adam. I'm tired of the games of the other people, I just want to be with you” we all wanted Adam to say yes but no one knew what will come out of his mouth, he stared into Sam’s eyes and he smiled

“Yes I’ll marry” we cheered and they kissed

“It’s about time” Vicki stated with a slight smile

“ I second that” Travis retorted. There was another knock on the door Adam got up to get it

Adam

I opened the door and there was a delivery boy, he had some more takeout I ordered

“ I have food for a Adam Reiner” he said

“That’s me” he handed me the bag and took a picture to show that I received my food on the app

“It’s always nice to meet another Adam he smiled

“How old are you Adam,” I asked

“Sixteen, he stated coyly

“Adam, have the time of your life, make mistakes, fall in love, take care of yourself and your friends but most of all have adventures” I stated he looked at me as if he had an epiphany

“Sure thing, enjoy your food” I closed the door and went back into my friends, it almost felt like a passing of the torch. Here’s to the rest of my life I guess.

- The end
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://fiction4u.darkbb.com

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down